Join Reevoo Engineering.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Principal Ruby developer to join our growing team in London. As a Principal Engineer, you’ll be a technical leader. First and foremost, you’ll work on Reevoo’s hardest problems and drive our overall technical architecture and engineering practices. You will not only obsess over scale, performance and building architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs but will also be fine with rolling up your sleeves and pairing with the wider team and mentoring junior developers.
A little bit about us…
- We are a high growth start-up in the Ratings & Reviews space with a nice office in Southwark.
- We provide market-leading services to 200+ brands across 60+ countries in 30+ languages.
- We are passionate and protective of our brand values of trust and impartiality.
- We are focused on helping shoppers make the best choice whilst boosting sales for our clients.
Getting to know the Reevoo engineering team…
- We care a lot about producing good quality code that solves the most important problems.
- We use an agile development process along with test-driven development and continuous deployment and have invested heavily in tools to make this work seamlessly.
- We support an architecture that handles 30m unique hits a day and growing.
- We believe that knowledge gained is best shared and encourage pairing. To make this work we have the best possible pairing stations and desk arrangements.
- We keep an open mind with everything and hold regular retrospectives to take the team pulse and actively pursue making things better.
What will you do?
- Serve as a technical lead on all major projects. Pair with developers on features in the sprint.
- Define the long term architecture roadmap for the business (which includes how we reduce Tech debt)
- Champion performance, scalability, enterprise system architecturechitecture, and engineering best practices.
- Exert technical influence over the development team and be the tie breaker on major tech choices and decisions.
- Attend customer meetings to talk about the security, scalability and performance of the Reevoo platform.
- Mentor members of the development team on advanced technical issues.
- Provide thought & architecture leadership in the evolution of the next generation of products for the Reevoo platform.
What skills are we looking for?
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Deep understanding and track record of architecting highly scalable and available systems.
- A passion for technology, a love of writing code.
- A desire to teach and mentor the rest of the development team.
- Comfortable working with MySQL, Postgres.
- Familiarity with search technologies (particularly Elasticsearchsearch).
- Familiarity with RabbitMQ or other broker frameworks.
- Experience with data analysis, ETL, and data mining.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.